You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder (Fixed)
This tutorial will show how to gain access and delete folder that cannot be deleted with a message “Folder access denied. You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder”.
I should mention that those folders that require TrustedInstaller permission usually contain important Windows files, so you better be careful when deleting them.
Instructions apply to Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
How to get permission from TrustedInstaller to delete a folder
It’s quite simple to delete such folders you just need to become an owner of the folder and gain the necessary permissions. Here are the steps you should follow to do so:
- Right click on the folder and select “Properties” from context menu. Then open “Security” tab.
- Click “Advanced” button.
- In “Owner” field click “Change” to change folder owner from TrustedInstaller.
- Click “Advanced” button in “Select user or group” window.
- Click “Find now” button then select your user name from the list. Click Ok, then Ok, again.
- Check “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects”. Click Ok.
- Once again click “Advanced” button in folders’ security options.
- Click “Change permissions” then “Add” button.
- Click “Select a principal” and find your user name like in step 5.
- Check “Full Control” in permissions. Click Ok.
- Check “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object”.
- Click Ok button.
Once you’ve done all the steps, you are now able to delete the folder and you will not see any Acess Denied messages saying that you require permission from TrustedInstaller.